Technical 3D / Game Artist
My name is Nas, I am living in Paris, where I learned more about real-time rendering and game design. I’ve always liked video games, but what I enjoy even more is making them. Year after year I started to learn and understand Computer Graphics and Gaming technologies, then, my school of art helped me in the understanding of these things. With my first personal game “Rainbow Project“, I learned a lot of things, like programming, project design and more. I am curious about every part of the gaming industry. I have good understanding of the behind of real-time 3D engines and 3D programming technics.
Web Development / SEO
Video Editing / Compositing
From the Blog
- Education -
Game Design Degree2010 - 2012
University of Paris 1 Sorbonne
Master Arts and new technologies2008-2010
Master Graphic Communications2004 - 2008
Bachelor Mathematics2000 - 2004
- Employment -
2D / 3D / Motion Designer07/2014 - Present
Webmaster / Graphic Designer07/2013 - 06/2014
- Design and development of the company's website (e-commerce).
- Handle dedicated servers, databases...
- Various tasks using HTML, CSS...
- Examining traffic through the site.
- Design product packages, catalogs, flyers, video presentations...
Web Developer / Webmaster01/2013 - 05/2013
- Design and development of the company's website (OpenCart, e-commerce).
- Handle dedicated servers, databases...
- Various tasks using HTML, CSS, Bootsrap...
Webmaster / Tools Developer10/2011 - 08/2012
- Setup and populate the e-commerce website - Management and promotion of the website. - In-House Solutions and tools developement - Graphic Design.
3D Generalist (Intern)03/2009 - 06/2009
- Monitoring an interactive installation project as part of a commercial activity.
- Advanced/realistic CG rendering (“Roland Garros” stadium extention, “le Grand Paris” collaborating with “Atelier Christian de Portzamparc”).
3D Generalist / Supervisor09/2006 - 09/2008
- 2D/3D and VFX Mentor (advanced modeling, lighting, rendering and compositing). - Art Direction (commercials, promotional demo realization of a documentary history of the city of Mahdia). - Graphic Design. - 3D Animation and VFX. - Shading, rendering and compositing.
Graphig Designer (Intern)06/2006 - 08/2006
- Graphic Design. - Web Design. - Pre-press and press.
Competitions & Awards
I'm always looking for challenges, discover new tools and pushing the boundaries . It is also the opportunity to meet talented and smart people, to get inspired and explore different workflows.
Indie of the Year Awards - 2012
WIF 2007 - WEBDESIGN INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL
Rainbow Project was my graduation project. I was the only person working on it.
So I had the opportunity to work on all the different parts of the production chain, from the scenario to the packaging, and of course, all the technical stuff 🙂
Game Engine: UDK 3
Other tools: 3ds max (mainly, with some plugins) / Photoshop / Mudbox / MotionBuilder / Ableton Live
You can download the demo and play, available here on IndieDB.
Shooting and cover system tests
A personal project of a wave simulation.
Tools: 3ds max, RealFlow, Photohop, Krakatoa, Vray, Fusion
Inspired by Allan McKay’s tutorials, I made this vfx shot, as a personal project.
Tools: Motion Builder, 3ds Max, PFlow, FumeFX, Vray, Nuke.
OTTO1O # 8 – La réLov’ution est en charme!
27 February 2016
This is my first serious experience with Projection Mapping, and I really enjoyed it!
All the CG work was made by one person (myself :p), and I had only 2 weeks before the deadline.
For content production, I mainly used 3ds Max, PFlow, Thinking Particles, FumeFx…
Vray for rendering, After Fx and Nuke for compositing and visual enhancements.
Resolume Arena for mapping, content diffusion and real time FXs.
Realflow Hybrido simulation.
Particles by color:
– Blue: Water
– Green: Foam
– Yellow: Splashes
Simulation time: 40mn
A personnal project of a microscopic world!
I started by fast sculpting the mesh on Zbrush.
All the shading, lightning in 3Ds Max, rendered with VRay.
Tools: Zbrush, 3ds max, Vray, Photoshop.
Pflow to generate the particles.
Frost to generate the mesh.
Fusion for compositing.
Thanks for watching!
Testing the texture creation process from a bitmap.
Tools: Photoshop, QUIXEL Suite, Marmoset Toolbag
Some of my happy clients
Nass always works hard to find solutions to the inevitable problems. It is persevering, painstaking and incredibly talented !!Julie Franchet - Photographer